CO2Benchmark has contacted hundreds of organisations to get their success stories and has reviewed over 1,000 case studies to aggregate the best examples of carbon reduction initiatives. The team of analysts has applied the following vigorous criteria for them to be included in the database:
- Distinct project
- Principle of additionality
- Absolute energy consumption or emissions reduction
- Quantifyable scope and results
- Replicable by other companies
- Substantial - typically over 500 TCO2 saved
Premium subscribers can now search case studies by any keyword, industry sectors or company names and see exactly what was deployed and how much it saved.
Case studies help experts and consultants:
- Identify initiatives that have been implemented to reduce emissions
- Assess the realised benefits of various measures
- Support business cases with examples
- Add context to the overall emissions reductions achieved by companies
This is where theory meets practice, where projections meet achieved results.
At an aggregate level, we found that 35% of case studies involve fairly "low hanging fruit" projects. For example, the top initiatives that have been implemented to lower carbon emissions are:
- Lighting improvements: 20% of all case studies
- Installing solar panels: 17% of all case studies
- Monitoring air conditioning more closely: 10% of all case studies
- Change travel policies: 5% of all case studies
- Install virtualisation software in data centers: 2% of all case studies
- Optimising logistics: 1% of all case studies
At a higher level, we found that 10 sectors (out of a total of 61 covered) are contributing to 53% of all the case studies that met our criteria. Sectors such IT, Retail, Hotels, Banks and Chemical/Pharmaceutical manufacturing have most forthcoming with their success stories.
Further details about this first global case study database in the world can be read on http://co2benchmark.com/production/carbon-footprint-reduction-case-studies-examples
Sign-up for a premium login today so that you can benefit from this wealth of information!